Do Not Copy

do not copy header/button design, as i designed it and that design is mine. :)
~Flamingo

Friday, March 18, 2011

selena hit rock bottom...(in my opinion)

NOTICE: just to let you all know, this post is all my opinion...


have you guys heard her song "Rock God"?
well, just to let you know, i don't approve!
why not?
well, heres the lyrics, just read in between the lines!
i let ya know when i see smthing wrong in da song! :)

Preacher man walked into the club and he said he said -i personally don't like how it's worded here, plus clubs aren't the best places in the world.
"Hey girl, can't you walk a mile and not stray?"
Father I'm torn and I'm selling my soul to the -selling her soul?
Rhythm, the beat and the bass cause I can't
Confess my rock and roll ways
Cause I'm so possessed with the music
The music he plays - the music HE plays

I can't stop my feet from dancin' to the sound of his drum
(Oh no) I fell in love with my rock god
I can't keep my hips from swayin' to his sweet melody
You see I fell in love my rock, rock god

Preacher man took my hand and looked in my eyes
He said "Hey girl, can't you live your life right?" -she's obviously not doing someting right, and in this song it's coming from the eyes of a christian.
"Father things aren't always so black and white -black and white? shes saying that to a preacher! (aren't preachers supposed to be respected?) our lives can still have a color even if we are christians!
Don't cast the first stone cause I'm not alone" -not alone, so she's probably with a boy based on the other lyrics
And its not like I'm hurting anyone (whoo)
But I can't confess my rock, my rock and roll ways

I can't stop my feet from dancin' to the sound of his drum
(Oh no) I fell in love with a rock god
I can't keep my hips from swayin' to his sweet melody
You see I fell in love my rock, rock god

I can't stop my feet from dancin' to the sound of his drum
(Oh no) I fell in love with my rock god


and im going to stop there.
if you couldn't figure out what the message was...
heres a hint: when she says music she dosen't really mean the kind of music
that you sing to.
i honestly don't care WHO wrote it, she still sang it. if she were a true christian, and/or a pure celebrity,
then she would of taken a stand against the song, cuz she still had the choice to sing it or not.
i am honestly not judging her, as it may appear.
i am simply stating, that as christians, we must moniter what we listen to, no matter who it's by, and who wrote it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hhmmm... I thot Selena was a christian...I guess not.

Jennifer R said...

Wonderful blog... looking forward to reading more!!